Following the ancient high-level route between Paro and Thimpu, the Druk Path is an excellent short trek, ideal for those who are in Bhutan only for a short duration.
You will experience the countryside, mountains, alpine meadows, glacial lakes and monasteries. The first day's walk leads to the ruined Jeli Dzong which sits on a high ridge above the Paro Valley and commands breathtaking views across to Chomolhari.
During the succeeding 4 days of trekking, we climb above the tree-line and cross several passes. En route, we camp beside clear mountain lakes, visit yak herders encampments and enjoy splendid panoramas of the peaks on the border with Tibet, including Jitchu Drake and Gangkar Puensum. We visit the ever impressive Taktsang Monastery in the Paro Valley and to visit the Tashichho dzong at Thimpu.
>GRADE :Moderate (grade explanation)
>TYPE : camping
>Trip cost: USD 1199 it is between 1 to 4 Pax till
- Taktsang Monastery/ Tigers Nest
- Views of Mt. Gangker Phuensum
- Lake Jimilangtsho
- Sightseeing around Thimphu
Day 01 - Arrival at Paro Airport. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 - Day excursion from Paro to the Taktsang Monastery. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 - Leave Paro trekking to Jele Dzong (Trek starts) Overnight at tented camp.
Day 04 - Trek from Jele Dzong to Jangchulakha. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 05 - Leave Jangchulakha and trek to Jimilang Tsho Overnight at tented camp.
Day 06 - Trek from Jimilang Tsho to Simkotra Overnight at tented camp.
Day 07 - Leaving Simkotra behind we trek through Phazoding onto Thimphu (finish trek) Overnight at hotel.
Day 08 - After a full day sightseeing in Thimphu we drive back to Paro. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
2. Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
3. Service of licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
4. All sightseeing tours, Monument /Museum entrance Fees as per itinerary.
5. All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee for whole duration of your stay in Bhutan.
6. Country Presentation & Tour Briefing on Day 1 evening with welcome drinks.
7. Cultural afternoon/evening consisting of traditional mask dances & folk dances (with beverages) ~ For Group Tours
8. Mineral water supply for the trek.
9. Government Royalty (which is 35% of $200) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
10. Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prados, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
11. Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
12. All our government taxes.
13. Tourist service charge, vat.
14. Official expense.
15. Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
16. Tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (You will be provided water proof two-three man dome tents, sleeping mattress, air pillows, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
17. The required number of trekking staff.
18. All trekking access, route permits logistics & fees.
19. Luggage will be hauled by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations.
1. Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
2. Your travel insurance (compulsory).
3. International airfares and airport departure tax.
4. Photography charges (if and when applicable).
5. Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
6. Personal Equipment.
7. Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby, porters and trekking staff. (Tipping is expected.)
8. Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
9. Personal trekking Equipment.
10. Druk Air flights (Please contact us for the Druk air flight booking)
© 2016 Frens Travels. All Rights Reserved | Powered By :: Radiant Info Tech