Mera Peak stands 6654 meters high and is considered one of the major, most popular trekking peaks in Nepal. It lies in the Khumbu Himalayan Range. The trail winds amongst forests of pine and rhododendrons in this remote and uninhabited valley leading to the alpine Environment of Mera Base Camp. The Peak itself rises to the south of Everest. The ascent of the peak is technically straightforward, however heavy snow and maze of crevasses can make our journey a longer way to summit.
Besides the charm of climbing Mera Peak, the trek to base camp from Lukla is rewarding to experience rare un-spoilt regions of Nepal with densely forested hillsides.
>ALPINE GRADE : F/ PD
>SEASON : september/november and march to may.
>MODE OF TREK : Camping.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel and welcome dinner in the evening with typical Nepalese food.
Day 02: Sightseeing to the highlighted areas of capital city Kathmandu and prepare the official documents such as climbing permit.
You can also use this day as a rest day.
Day 03: Transfer to airport for the flight to Lukla (2800m) & prepare for the trek to base camp O/N Camp.
Day 04: Lukla to Chutanga (3173m) ascents up the luxuriant mountainside & O/N camp
Day 05: Rest day at Chutanga for acclimatization & O/N camp.
Day 06: Chutanga to Thuli Kharka (4401m). Climb through the Zatrwa where you will get prominent vision of the Himalayas in extensive Number & continue to Zatrwa La and descend to Tuli Kharka.
Day 07: Thuli Kharka to Tashing Dingma (3502m). As we descend through uninhabited terrain we enjoy forests of rhododendron, pine and birch.
Day 08: Tashing Dingma to Tangnag (4355m). We traverse the Hinku Dranka then climb through Kharka to Tangnag, surrounded by Mera Peak, Kusum Kangru and other peaks.
Day 09: Rest day at Tangnag for acclimatization & exploration. O/N Camp.
Day 10: Tangnag to KhareMera Base Camp (4730m). You have to follow the glacial lateral moraine up to a camp in an open plain beside the Dig Glacier.
Day 11: Today is a rest day where you will acclimate, explore and prepare your equipment for glacier, snow and ice practice the following day.
Day 12: Khare (Mera Base Camp) to Mera-La (5415m). We hike up lateral moraine to near the toe of the Mera glacier, and ascend easy snow slopes to base camp at the Mera La.
Day 13: High camp (5800m). Climb up to the high camp on a rocky ridge. From high above the Hinku and Hongu valleys you will get fantastic views of Chamlang and Makalu to the East.
Day 14: Summit day. ( 6476 m) We get up early and continue up the Mera Glacier and connect with the summit ridge. After traversing the Central Summit you will arrive on the higher Western summit by a classic ridge climb & descend back to Khare.
Day 15 to day 18: Descent to Lukla
Day 19: Fly to Katmandu, transfer to the hotel and stay O/N
Day 20: rest day
Day: 21: transfert to airport and return.
>Price/pers with all the detailed program : Please write us with the number of guests. We will reply you as soon as possible.
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
2. Standard twin sharing accommodation in 2 star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included.
3. Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
4. Hot drinks during tented camping.
5. A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek and climb.
6. The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
7. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
9. peak permit fees.
10. Garbage Deposit Fee.
11. General Climbing equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc..
12. Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
13. All our government taxes.
14. Official expense.
1. Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
2. Your travel insurance (compulsory).
3. International airfare and airport departure tax.
4. Nepal entry visa, you can obtain easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency is required to obtain Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days. Likewise, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. You will also require 2 passport size photos.)
5. Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
6. Personal trekking and Climbing Equipment.
7. Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected).
8. Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees.
9. Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
© 2016 Frens Travels. All Rights Reserved | Powered By :: Radiant Info Tech