Nepal’s “river of gold’’, the Sun Kosi rises high near mont Shishapangma in Tibet and runs eastwards in Nepal through the great Mahabharat lekh mountains and emerges onto the northern plains of India where it joins the Gange.
Beautiful scenery, culture encounters and exciting white water make the Sun kosi one of the 10 best rafting and kayaking rivers in the world.
From the put-in at Dolalghat to the take-out at Chatara, the expedition covers 270km in 9 days constant grade 4/5 rapids through some of Nepal’s most remote countryside.
>GRADE : 4+/5 (difficult)
>BEST SEASON : oct/december and jan/may
D-1: departure from KTM at 7h30 am to Dolalghat: lunch, briefing then rafting, some rapids class 3 and 4 (meat grinder, pre-anxiety, hight-anxiety). Camp at Khurkot.
D-2: hard day: grade 5 rapids like Harkapur 2 et 3. Camp at Harkapur.
D-3: Dudh Kosi joins Sun Kosi and the valley widdens (some rapids grade 4/5): Camp at Jaws
D-4 and 5: rapids grade 4+: rhino Rock, jungle corridor.
D-6 and 7: days are more relax: Arun and Tamur kosi join Sun kosi and become the Sapta kosi (the 7 rivers). The last day we arrive in the vast plain of Terai at Chatara.
Drive back to KTM.
- all transportation.
- government taxes/trekking permit (in case of trekking) and entry fees for the national parks.
- full board accommodation on the trek (in case of trek).
- rafting equipment, camping and cooking equipment, all meals.
- guide(s), porters (in case of trekking).
- international flight, travel insurance taken in your country (accident /repatriation}, your stay in Kathmandu.
- nepali visa (40 $ or equivalent in foreign currency, passeport must be valid 6 months after your return)
- your personal equipment (sleeping bag…).
- your own medicine
- expenses due to unforeseen situations (strike, flight cancelled…)
© 2016 Frens Travels. All Rights Reserved | Powered By :: Radiant Info Tech